Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bridal shower fun!

Yesterday we had my older sister’s bridal shower at Springfield Country Club. Some of the highlights:

…The venue was absolutely beautiful. The grounds for the golf course were a perfect backdrop for photographs, and the staff that worked out event was phenomenal. The food was delicious. I wish I could have gotten to go inside their kitchen though. Since I work at a country club in Orlando in the dining room and banquet departments, I simply love seeing how other kitchens are designed and run. The tables looked exactly as I had hoped, and our own little touches of potted plants and cupcake dishes in the center fit in great. We got many complements on what a perfect bridal shower it was.

…I loved getting to so much of the family that lives up here since I never get to see them, being so far away in Florida. My grandmother got to see her older sister whom she rarely sees – they both cried upon seeing each other. It was priceless. Speaking of family, we all got to meet AGN (sister’s fiancé) parents for the first time. They were absolutely amazing.

…The weather was amazing. We could not have asked for a more perfect day. Breezy, in the 80’s, with a light sprinkling of clouds in the sky. This astounded me, seeing as the day that we arrived in Philly it was in the 50’s midday (pretty much freezing for all us Floridians). Today, I woke up and it was back in the 50’s again. I definitely didn’t pack for that type of weather.

…Most importantly, the surprise aspect of the whole bridal shower was successful! I was so sure that JAH (sister) would get suspicious of something and start begging her fiancé for information but he said that the entire time she had no idea. My baby sister, the two other bridesmaids, and myself all pegged that she was going to cry, which she did.


The golf course



The table setting. With homemade flower pot party favors and cupcake centerpiece.


The bride (middle) with her 4 bridesmaids.


Close up of the party favors and cupcakes.


Me (right), my mom, and my sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment