Wednesday, July 7, 2010

If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.

I feel like I've been given a second chance. The opportunity to start over with my college life at UCF.

Granted, I know that's not entirely true, but in a way it is. When I failed out of UCF my entire life fell apart, I had no idea what I would do, if I could still live where I had been planning to live, if I would be able to afford to stay in Orlando. Those were just the beginning of my frantic fears of leaving UCF.

Over time I pulled things together. I spent the entire summer after I left UCF planning out my community college education and preparing to take classes that fall. I gradually picked up all the pieces of my shattered future and patiently took the time the put everything back together.

Now, two years later I have finally created a masterpiece out of the thousands of pieces of my then "future."

Getting the letter from UCF saying that I was allowed to return to classes for Fall 2010. I. Was. Ecstatic. For me, that had been the best moment of my life.

I am very anxious to get back into the swing of things at UCF, classes, football games, homecoming, parents weekends...the whole nine yards. But, there will be something missing...

I know for a fact I will not be returning to being an active sister in my sorority. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore my sorority, but when I joined I was a whole other person. I've come a long way in the past two years. While I am upset that my participation in Greek like was so short lived, I am looking forward to being able to get involved in other aspects of campus life. I am beyond excited to get to have the opportunity to walk onto this campus and start fresh.

It's exhilarating.

“No mistake or failure is as bad as to stop and not try again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment