Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It’s the love. Sex is a marvelous way to communicate love sharing all dimensions of our selves: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.

I’m dumb and completely oblivious when it comes to boys. Ask any one, I am just clueless. I have so many questions about them (boys) than any 22 year old should ever have. All those things that girls tend to learn in high school are complete mysteries to me.
I get thrown into the “friend zone” and never given a second look.

I’m not bad looking, I’m happy with who I am, but still…

I. Am. Clueless.

Recently I have had such random run-ins with boys. Seriously. Random. And I don’t really know what to do about it. I blame it all on my own awkward-ness….I think that’s the charm in me. Someday I’ll find someone who balances out my random ass awkward-ness.

Anywho, back to my frantic, mass confusion. What’s with the whole “being a whore thing?” I was talking with one of my guy friends from work, we somehow got on the topic of sex (pretty much anything that you can fit under that topic heading was discussed). He told me that he has slept with 33 women.

My jaw legit just dropped. I by no means am a prude. Conservative, yes; but prude, definitely not. I think that sex is very important in a relationship and you don’t necessarily have to wait until marriage. I personally cannot see myself getting engaged and married before having sex with someone. And that by no means makes me a whore. But 33? That just sounds astronomical to me. I ideally would like to keep my number on one hand…I think sex should be something shared between two people in a serious relationship. It just blows my mind that you can be so disconnected from something that you don’t even feel and acknowledge the relationship between two people having sex.

And don’t get me wrong, I know it’s not just the guys out there. Women are experiencing more sexual freedom now than they ever have in the past. Women, not only are dominating the workplace, but the bedroom as well. I brought the whole man-whore thing up with one of my sorority sisters and she said that a best friend from back home, at last count, had slept with 60 men. Once again, my mind was blown.

No comments:

Post a Comment