Wednesday, October 13, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day One

Alrighty, so I’m sitting in my room at 11:30 at night checking emails and catching up on the blogs that I regularly read and I came across this 30 Day Blog Challenge on one of the blogs I read, so I decided to check it out. I’ve never actually done anything like this so I figure now is as good a time as any to try. =)


Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts

My name is Mariah, I am 22 years old, and a super senior at the University of Central Florida. I’m studying Art History in my undergrad and I hope to continue my education with a Masters Degree in Architecture. I am a huge sports fan, I love watching any type of sport as long as I’m with a great group of people who also enjoy the game. I have been living in Orlando now for 4 years and will hopefully only be in Orlando for a year and a half more and then I will be off exploring the world. Check this out for a more elaborate introduction =)




My older sister just got married this past July in Washington D.C., the top picture is my family (I'm on the far right) and the bottom is the wedding party.


1 – I love my family. My parents have been the most supportive people in my life and I have no idea where I would be without them in my life.

2 – I am a HUGE caffeine addict. Specifically coffee. You do not want to cross me in the morning with me having had my 2 cups of coffee – yes, 2.

3 – I am sister in Kappa Kappa Gamma. I pledged and was initiated exactly 4 years ago, this weekend. Joining a sorority was one of my best decisions, to date. Sure, there have been ups and downs, but in the end I would not have changed a thing.

4 – I am your stereotypical “middle child” read into that as you may. I absolutely love both of my sisters.

5 – At this very moment I am watching Comedy Central – Nick Swardson’s Pretend Time is the worst show I have ever seen. Seriously.

6 – I’ve recently started a new job. While I loved my old job, specifically the people, even more specific the guys that I worked with in the main kitchen. But it was time to move on. I currently work in an art studio; it is a perfect job for me right now.

7 – I have a tendency to get antsy when I have been in one place for too long. I’ve been in Orlando now for 4 years and I am getting to that point when I know I have to get up and go somewhere.

8 – Art History and Architecture have always been my passion.

9 – My dream job would be to restore historic architecture in Europe (Italy, France, and Spain).

10 – I love to read. I bought a Nook a few months ago and LOVE it. My current reads: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows (for the 3rd time…)

11 – I am a big fan of the classic Disney movies.

12 – I love the idea of being able to cook but I am too impatient. I cheat – hello bread makers and crockpots!

13 – Recently, my roommates got me hooked on GLEE. I’m so in love that I think I might have to go season one on DVD so that I know exactly what is going on.

14 – Go PHILLIES! So glad that they will be playing in the NLCS again this year! Bring home the W, boys! <3

15 - “In life we all have an unspeakable secret, an irreversible regret, an unreachable dream and an unforgettable love.”

Cheers to Day 1 of the 30 Day Blog Challenge with Katie from Katie's Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment