Friday, October 15, 2010

Love is a many splendid thing....

...Love lifts us up where we belong.

Day 3-Your first love


I have never been “in love.”

Sure, I love: my parents, my sisters, my family, my faith, my friends. But the experience of being “in love” is definitely foreign to me.

That being said, I also consider myself a classic romantic at heart. Sure my past has been riddled with minor crushes and insignificant boyfriends, but never love, and I’m okay with that. I used to think that love was all I ever wanted, and I still do, but at this point in my life I have no desire to be in a relationship. I have so many things that I would like to experience in my life and for some reason I have this notion n my head that being in a relationship will hold me back from accomplishing all of these things. I know that shouldn’t be the case, that the person who I am meant to fall in love with will be there not to hold me back, but to stand next to me and help me in accomplishing all of my dreams. But right now, I see so many people around me in relationships instantly sucked into the whole realm of marriage and babies and “adulthood” and I don’t want to be there yet, it scares me. When I hear people around me talking about “oh our next car has to be big so we can fit a bunch of babies in it” it truly scares me. I just want to say to them, you’re only 22 years old, what’s the rush?

I know this all may make me sound very cynical, but I swear I’m not. I do honestly believe that there is the perfect soul mate out there for everyone, and yes, some day my prince will come. But right now I am completely content being single and not in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment